Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer fun!

We've been having lots & lots of summer fun the past couple of weeks. Swimming, parks, bike rides - all the great summer activities. Kasen has had a 2 week break from school, and that change in schedule, or growing pains, or heat, or, being almost 3... something has made him decide sleeping just isn't necessary or cool. This past week was a rough one, including one night when Kasen finally fell asleep at 9 or 9:30, only to wake up at 11:30, get himself fully dressed, & start playing. He really seemed to think he had slept an entire night. I laid in his bed with him the rest of the night, but it was HOURS before he fell asleep again. Poor guy (poor mama!). After trying a few things, we've finally found a "fix" (for now at least), of a sound machine, the closet light on, the a/c set cooler, & a slightly later bedtime. He also gets a "reward" of flavored milk in the morning if he stays in bed until he can see light out of his window. We're really hoping this "fix" will last a good while!
Here he is one night, after a couple hours of fighting sleep, he fell asleep with his bedroom light on, door open, & lots & lots of stuffed animals piled on his bed. (Those stuffed animals are now a permanent part of his bed.)
Saturday we took a bike ride to a local park. It was going so great that Kasen fell asleep! ...then mommy took a tumble over her handlebars on a downhill slope. Luckily, no bones were broken & I was even able to ride the 5 miles back home. (But boy did I feel it all as soon as I woke up Sunday morning!) Sadly, my little spill woke up sleeping Kasen, who spent the ride home asking if I was going to fall again.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Gosh...no sleep and a bad fall - I hope this week is better for you! I love the pool pics, and the sleeping pic on the bike!