I am so behind! Life is hectic & I'm worn out 99% of the time, plus (as I've said before), I don't keep a camera glued to my hand anymore. Kasen appreciates that, no doubt. Although, he is finally getting to an age where he asks me to take pictures of him, just because. Kinda like this one of him in daddy's boots:
We started the year out with a week night sleep-over! Trey's little brother, Brandon, had to have his adenoids removed, so Trey came to stay with us for a night. The boys were absolutely insane & thoroughly enjoyed dumping out every. single. toy in the playroom (trust me, that's a lot!), but they had a wonderful time together, as always.
One afternoon I let Kasen skip his nap, and we headed to a park. Kasen's favorite part was running & rolling down this hill we found.
We had another one of those freak snowstorms (okay, it wasn't a "snowstorm" by most people's definition, but we're in Texas folks!). Kasen has been pretty lucky in the snow department so far, and he's going to be very disappointed the first year we dont' get any snow. The snow came in on a Sunday, and when Kasen laid down for his nap it was snowing heavily, but it hadn't accumulated yet. By the time he woke up from his nap, there was plenty of snow to play in!
I love this shot.
Luke & his huge snow ball...
Surely he wouldn't throw it at Kasen...
ha! Of course he would!
Kasen attempting a snow angel in the spot Luke stole the snow from.
Can you tell how hard the snow was coming down? Crazy!
I went inside, where it was warm & dry, but the boys had a snowball fight.
I'm not sure who enjoyed it more. ;)
One Friday night we actually took Kasen to a restaurant to eat. After we got home, we discovered Kasen had a 103* fever. Oops! (Yes, I know, great parenting, huh?) He was fine other than the fever, which lasted 24 hours. I spent all day Saturday trying to keep him from doing much other than lay in bed. That was a challenge!
We have struggled for a very long time with Kasen & his sleep (or lack there of). He has never been a great sleeper, although there were 6-8 months of his life that we could put him in his bed & [usually] walk away, leaving him to sleep for about 10 hours straight. Other than those months, sleeping has been a total struggle. The past couple of months have been absolutely awful, with him waking up at least 3 times in the middle of the night & coming in to wake me, or attempt to crawl in bed with me. (He never dared to wake daddy. sigh) Finally, I hit a point of utter exhaustion & put him in our bed for a few nights - and we all got lots of sleep those nights! We decided he just needs his mommy & daddy at this point in his life, and our job is to protect, nurture, and fulfill his needs. Because he's a restless sleeper (like his mommy) & because I'm not so found of knees/feet/elbows in my back, we moved his mattress into our room at the foot of our bed. I have no idea why it took me so long to realize all he needed was to be with us. I'm sure I was trying to follow the mainstream belief that a child is "suppose" to sleep in their own bed, in their own room, and they are "suppose" to stay there all night, until permission is granted to enter their parents' room. ha! When you really think about it, that seems so wrong though. He's still a baby (in the broad sense, I'm no wishing him a helpless blob of cuteness again), he NEEDS to be close to the people he loves most & NEEDS the security mommy & daddy provide. duh! Since this great epiphany, we have all slept through the night, every night, and we are all much happier for it.
One thing I have been trying, to help with Kasen's lack of interest in sleep & in his insane behavior, is chiropractic care. Well, two things - he's been getting acupuncture there too. I can't say that it has helped much with sleep, and I'm on the fence about whether or not it has helped with his behavior (he's still a very spirited child, nothing will "fix" that, it's who he is & we love him for it!), but he enjoys it all the same. Mostly I think he enjoys the toys. Last week, the highlight of his trip was the stuffed animals, who all had to sit with him.
Then, he decided he needed to hide from Dr Marsha. I don't see him, do you???
There's still a little more to catch up on for the month/year so far, but I'll have to continue another day.
1 comment:
Cute snow pics...love the snow angel one! I'm glad you guys figured out a way to get sleep. You know, you just sometimes have to do what you have to do for sleep! It won't be forever. So, the chiropractor isn't helping his behavior? Is that why you started going at first? I'm sorry you're having a hard time...I promise things will get easier once he turns 4. It'll START getting easier anyway. Hang in there!
Post a Comment