Monday, March 21, 2011

Zip Lines & Father-Son Camping Adventures

In the ever-constant search for things to both entertain Kasen & wear him out, Luke came up with putting up a zip line.  Kasen, of course, thinks it great!  We can't keep it up all the time, but when it's out, it does entertain him & wear him out (without wearing us out too!).
Here's the first zip line...
He loved sliding down it!  Of course, this set up was a lot of work for Luke, since he had to help him get onto the line...
So, being the smart guy he is, Luke came up with an even better idea!  Kasen played & played & played on this zip line.  He didn't even care that it was freezing cold outside this day.  The zip line was longer, a little higher, and set up so that Kasen could do the whole thing himself!  Being the little independent boy that he is, he loved not needing us to get him up there.
Kasen has really, really gotten into board games recently.  He will sit through almost, if not all, a game!  I love playing games, so I am loving this phase.  He had a slight fever one day, so in an effort to keep him calm & still, I pulled out Candy Land.  (That game is not near as fun as I recall from my childhood.  ;))
Kasen is also REALLY into daddy right now.  He'll even sit & cuddle with him (he's not a cuddling kind of kid, he rarely even cuddles with me).  While I'm a bit jealous of the cuddle times they get, I love seeing it.  These 2 guys are my world & I love it!
Just because.
Luke took a couple of days off of work during Kasen's spring break, and the 2 of them headed out for a father-son camping adventure.  Luke, of course, isn't quite the paparazzi that I tend to be, but he got a few good shots.
Apparently, as soon as they got to the campsite, Kasen ran off to the water & got soaked.  He then spent the afternoon running around with no pants.  In other words, he had a wonderful afternoon!
...and if seeing him in everything but his pants doesn't make you smile, you're crazy!
He even climbed a "mountain" sans pants.  I mean, why not, right?
I can't decide if this picture makes me think of Where the Wild Things Are or Lord of the Flies, either way, it's cuteness!
Say it with me...  "awwwwwww"
Kasen has always (and I'm starting to believe WILL always) had a thing for sticks.  Camping is a stick-lovers heaven.  (Oh, and the rocks!  The boy loves to throw rocks.)

This one almost looks rockstar-ish to me.  Yes?
They did a little fishing & caught 2 fish.  Kasen actually reeled this one in, but he didn't want to touch it.
 He looks a bit happier about this one, huh?
The boys had a great time, from what I can tell.  I missed them terribly though.  I thought it would be so relaxing to have the house to myself for a few days, but it was actually too quiet & lonely.  I suppose they will have to try it again soon so I can see if I adjust over time.  hehe

No comments: