Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break!

Yep, I'm skipping the weeks months I've missed.  Oops.  What's happened?  Uh, Graham eats all. the. time. - bigger servings than Kasen!  Graham says "mama", "dada", & "bubba" regularly & is working on some other words but hasn't quite gotten them down.  He has decided to crawl on all fours occasionally now (still likes his army crawl best!), he's cruising on anything tall enough to hold onto & climbs EVERYTHING.  Kasen continues to do really well at school, is NOT looking forward to kindergarten (but IS looking forward to summer break), has become really, really attached to me, and has his behavior a bit more under control thanks to a gluten-free diet.  Luke is working ALL the time, and still loves his job.  I'm surviving, while living in complete chaos & sleeping in 1-2 hour increments.  Still.  I also had an appendectomy a couple of weeks ago, which brought Ma to us for a week, then Mimi for another week.
Now, onto the present.  Hopefully I'll quit slacking 'cause Graham is growing SO fast & while I do take pictures, I rarely get the chance to sit down & look at them.  My life is just CRAZY!

So, we started out spring break with a camping trip.  Which SHOULD have been a blast, but I wont' lie, it was THE MOST miserable trip ever.  We tried to make the best of it, and there were definitely some good times, but it just wasn't all that wonderful.  The pictures sure make it look like it was more fun than it was though.  Maybe one day we'll look back & forget the miserable parts & think we had such a great time.  ha.
Night 1 - the park ranger came by after we were all tucked in our tent, to tell us there was a tornado watch in effect & that our "safe place" was the bathroom.  Oh boy.  The storm did come.  It was sucky.  The most fun though?  It rained... IN OUR TENT.  Yeah, Luke thought this awesome new tent he bought last year was just so freaking fabulous...  uh-huh.  It IS roomy, and you can actually stand up in it, but heaven forbid you camp in the rain!  Luke spent most of the night wiping rain off the "ceiling" of the tent, while Graham & Kasen slept & I attempted toe sleep.  Fun night.  Oh!  AND, Graham kicked me [hard] in the belly button - one of my incision points.  I was in enough pain to pass out for a couple of hours after Kasen woke up in the morning.  Yeah, fun times.
Night 2 - I wore 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, & had Graham & I under 2 blankets (plus, we had an electric site, so we had a space heater going).  I still froze.  It was COLD.  COLD.  COLD.  The dogs were cold too.   In fact, they kept pinning me down 'cause they were laying on me for warmth.  Then, I'd wake up 'cause they were shivering.  But, at least it didn't rain.  ;)
Night 3 - I went home the morning before night 3.  I just didn't think the cold was much fun, and all I could really do was sit in the tent with Graham, hoping he was staying warm enough.  It was not fun, at all, so I decided to leave.  Kasen was NOT happy I left.  At all.  I've never seen him so upset about me not being around.  He cried & cried.  I thought he'd get over it.  Well, either him being upset, or some other random even lead to the fun of night 3 - Kasen [for the first time ever] got a tummy bug.  He threw up 7 times before they got everything packed up & headed for home.  He threw up twice on the way home.  Once he got home, I dressed him, cuddled him, and got him to bed.  He didn't throw up again. 
I'm still glad we went, it was a memory-making trip for sure!  Trey, Brandon, Sabrina, & Warren joined us for the first night & Papa Wayne was there for the second (and would've been there for the third).  It was fun to get to spend time with everyone & enjoy nature a little.
PS
I REALLY, REALLY want to buy an RV.  I mean seriously!
Here are the aforementioned fun-looking pics...

Kasen & Luke setting up camp.
 Roasted marshmallows!
 A zip line, of course.
 I think it might be time to upgrade his chair...
 The boys enjoying breakfast in the tent (where it was dry) on day 2.
 There was lots of this going on, thanks to the rain & then cold.
A little out of place...  this was the campfire on night 1 - complete with ghost stories & roasted marshmallows!
 The boys pretended the dogs' pin was a jail.
 Silly faces.
 I can't believe there 2 are almost 6!!
 Fishing with the daddies on day 2.
 There was lots of digging - which meant lots of fighting over a shovel they found & lots of fighting on the coolest sticks.  Boys!
 The zip line became a climby-thingy.
 See?  Graham climbs EVERYTHING.  I set him down for a second, turned around to close the tent "door", and turned back around to find this.  *sigh*
 ...but he also got lots of this in.  
 Hanging with Papa Wayne in front of the fire.

I'm not going to say I'll be better at updating 'cause I've said that before...  I'll say I HOPE that I'm better.  I know everyone back in DFW misses seeing the boys & I mean to keep this updated, but I really don't get "me" time.  In fact, while writing this, I've had to get up 3 times to get Graham back to sleep.  ...but I wouldn't change my life for anything!

No comments: