Sunday, April 20, 2008

9 mth check-up & BLUEBONNETS!


The week was rather uneventful. Which was a nice break actually. On Tuesday Kasen had his 9 mth check-up. He is 22.9#s & 29.75". No surprise... that's on the bigger size for his age. This child is destined to be a football star. ;)
On a funny-to-someone, just not me, note, when I was at the dr's office, the nurse was doing the nursely (yes, I did just make up a word!) things, and he was saying how close Kasen is to being one (strike 1 - don't remind me of that!). Then, he looked at me and said "and it looks like you're expecting another". I said "no, but that's okay, this shirt is weird". To which he responded... "Yeah, I thought I saw a pooch there". HOLEYMOLEY. Seriously? Not a nice thing to say to a lady! Especially one so proud to have made back into her old pants finally. Anyway... I have noticed that Kasen's left eye seems to not fall into line with the right one & wondered if it was a lazy eye or what. Luke thought I was off my rocker when I told him, but I asked the doctor about it 'cause I know what I see! (Moms just know things, ya know?) When I asked him, he looked at me and said, well, yeah, he has Pseudostrabismus (I had to Google the term, but I really think that's the right one). I about passed out when he threw a big ol' fancy medical term at me 'cause nobody has ever said there was anything wrong with my perfect little munchkin! I guess my face said it all, 'cause he quickly went on to explain that the bridge of his nose, up between his eyes, his very wide & that's what causes the problem. Whew! It also seems to be something that does correct over time, so Kasen is 100% healthy & growing & perfect! :)
Not much else filled out our week really. We had a few rough nights with Kasen not wanting to sleep, and I was feeling beyond awful on Friday. But, we're all happy & feeling good now. (Well, Luke over-did it yesterday & is a bit worn out at this moment, but I won't count that.)Yesterday we went to get some of the obligatory Texas bluebonnet pics, & then had a shower for Jack & Kim in Lewisville. It was great to see them & we can't wait 'til June! Today has been a day of recovery from week, and it has been wonderful. So, now it's on to the pictures of the week:

Bluebonnets:





Meeting Jack & Kim:
He just discovered this frog & loves it. The sad things is, froggy is about to lose an eye now, so he's gonna hev to be put down. :(

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

That wasn't a very nice thing to say! I'll go kick his butt for ya. hehe! I love the bluebonnet pics. Cute!!

Anonymous said...

Aaaw, cute he's such an adorable little boy, and I LOVE your bluebonnet pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to say, I LOVE the new layout, that's such a sweet baby pic!

Jamie said...

Great photos. I still can't believe that nurse. Such ignorance.

Janelle and Ella said...

Very cute bluebonnet pictures!!! We haven't done that yet, and I'm afraid we're going to miss our opportunity.

Holly said...

You have a handsome little guy there! Love the pics!!!