Let's start with the big news, in case you didn't know... Luke is 30. Wow. Where does the time go? He was 19 when we met. I knew him (and lived with him) through every moment of his 20s. That's insane I tell ya! Now, it's on to the next stage of life for him. Something about being 30 just seems so official. You can't make the excuses you used to, dress as crazy as you'd like, or be quite as care-free & selfish as you once were. Okay, okay, those things all happened when we had a child. But seriously, it just seems like being 30 makes it really, truly official - Luke is an adult!
This week was difficult. I refuse to sugar-coat it... Kasen was mean. He was 100% not himself. The medication he was on was the problem (I think). (Thank goodness he finished that!) Plus those darn molars are still working their way in. They are doing a number on him! He did have moments, he was good when he wanted to be, but when he wasn't being good... WOW! I have never seen him THAT bad. He didn't nap. He didn't sleep especially well. He threw fits that would put me to shame if they'd happened in public. Luckily, he seems to be fairly good in public & feels free to let it all go once we get home. sigh I guess you can only ask for so much from your kids, huh? The unfortunate part is - his impetigo is back. Or, perhaps it wasn't really gone. AND, AND, AND... he's sick. I think it's allergies. (I hope that's it!) He was up all. night. last night. He'd wake up, cry, go back to sleep... Wake up, cry, go back to sleep... Which means I spent a lot of the night not sleeping. :( And, yes, I was extra grumpy today (but, hey it motivated me to clean, do laundry, & do dishes, so there ya go!) Back to Kasen though - he's got a runny nose, and a cough (and some awful gas, though I'm not sure how it's related...). No fever, thankfully. He didn't nap too well today, but he did nap some. I guess that's better than nothing, right? He threw a ton of fits today though. One of them was more insane than anything I've ever witnessed in my life. Out of the blew he just started screaming! If you tried to touch him, it got worse. If you left him alone, it didn't stop. It went on for what seemed like an eternity, but it did finally stop. Poor little guy, he really doesn't feel well.
Wednesday night Kasen got to spend the night at Gpa & Gma B's house. He was a handful I hear, but they all survived. Saturday night Aunt Shannon came & watched Kasen so Luke & I could go to Marissa's Quincenera. [First, let me add a shameless plug for Susie. She got some AMAZING pics of the GORGEOUS Marissa: Adorable Photography Blog]. I have never attended a Quincenera before. I am so glad I can add that to the list of things I've done in life now. I should go Google the "why" they do things they do, but I don't have to Google anything to know it was fun to watch! The food was great. The dance the court did for us was wonderful. Marissa's dance with her dad, Roger... I was crying. Yes, I'm a girl & therefore hormonal [at all times], but... It took me back to the dance I shared with my dad at my wedding. It also made me fast-forward to thinking of my own child being 15. ((ACK!)) Those 2 combined to make me a big 'ol sap! Gosh, when Luke & I started dating, Marissa was 5 - and quite the entertainer! I have truly enjoyed watching her grow up to be the stunningly beautiful, well-mannered, passionate young woman she has become. She & her brother, Bobby (who is almost 19!!), are both such great people. Lisa & Roger - you guys have done an awesome job raising them! And to get back to the point - I enjoyed every moment of the celebration & I am so honored to have been able to be a part of it.
Now, before I lose the interest of anyone reading this, due to my incessant rambling (too late?)... On to the pics of the week. Oh, and expect a 2nd post this week, as tomorrow is our night out at the Cowboy's game!!
This week was difficult. I refuse to sugar-coat it... Kasen was mean. He was 100% not himself. The medication he was on was the problem (I think). (Thank goodness he finished that!) Plus those darn molars are still working their way in. They are doing a number on him! He did have moments, he was good when he wanted to be, but when he wasn't being good... WOW! I have never seen him THAT bad. He didn't nap. He didn't sleep especially well. He threw fits that would put me to shame if they'd happened in public. Luckily, he seems to be fairly good in public & feels free to let it all go once we get home. sigh I guess you can only ask for so much from your kids, huh? The unfortunate part is - his impetigo is back. Or, perhaps it wasn't really gone. AND, AND, AND... he's sick. I think it's allergies. (I hope that's it!) He was up all. night. last night. He'd wake up, cry, go back to sleep... Wake up, cry, go back to sleep... Which means I spent a lot of the night not sleeping. :( And, yes, I was extra grumpy today (but, hey it motivated me to clean, do laundry, & do dishes, so there ya go!) Back to Kasen though - he's got a runny nose, and a cough (and some awful gas, though I'm not sure how it's related...). No fever, thankfully. He didn't nap too well today, but he did nap some. I guess that's better than nothing, right? He threw a ton of fits today though. One of them was more insane than anything I've ever witnessed in my life. Out of the blew he just started screaming! If you tried to touch him, it got worse. If you left him alone, it didn't stop. It went on for what seemed like an eternity, but it did finally stop. Poor little guy, he really doesn't feel well.
Wednesday night Kasen got to spend the night at Gpa & Gma B's house. He was a handful I hear, but they all survived. Saturday night Aunt Shannon came & watched Kasen so Luke & I could go to Marissa's Quincenera. [First, let me add a shameless plug for Susie. She got some AMAZING pics of the GORGEOUS Marissa: Adorable Photography Blog]. I have never attended a Quincenera before. I am so glad I can add that to the list of things I've done in life now. I should go Google the "why" they do things they do, but I don't have to Google anything to know it was fun to watch! The food was great. The dance the court did for us was wonderful. Marissa's dance with her dad, Roger... I was crying. Yes, I'm a girl & therefore hormonal [at all times], but... It took me back to the dance I shared with my dad at my wedding. It also made me fast-forward to thinking of my own child being 15. ((ACK!)) Those 2 combined to make me a big 'ol sap! Gosh, when Luke & I started dating, Marissa was 5 - and quite the entertainer! I have truly enjoyed watching her grow up to be the stunningly beautiful, well-mannered, passionate young woman she has become. She & her brother, Bobby (who is almost 19!!), are both such great people. Lisa & Roger - you guys have done an awesome job raising them! And to get back to the point - I enjoyed every moment of the celebration & I am so honored to have been able to be a part of it.
Now, before I lose the interest of anyone reading this, due to my incessant rambling (too late?)... On to the pics of the week. Oh, and expect a 2nd post this week, as tomorrow is our night out at the Cowboy's game!!
While out shopping Tuesday, with Alicia & Gage, Kasen got a new hat. I actually had to borrow scissors & cut the tag off the thing for the cashier to ring it up. He definitely insisted on getting the hat! (I wasn't even sure what size it was - good thing it was the right one!) Isn't he a cutie in it?
2 comments:
September is a GREAT month to have a birthday!!! Happy Birthday Luke!!
Poor Kasen. Avree is dealing with allergies too! ARG!!!!! I wish all the sick babies would get better already!!
Hope you are enjoying your game tonight!! :)
Aaw sorry he's had such a hard time...meds can affect little one's so negatively! Hey, what is Veggie Booty? It looks yummy! The hat is super cute, and that drawing is fantastic!!!!
Post a Comment