Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008!

We started out with lunch at the M's. Kasen had a blast. Between his toys & the other kids, he had plenty to keep him entertained. Oh, and of course, there was AUNTIE! to occupy him too. He sure loves her!
Kasen didn't want to eat, so Papa took him out to swing instead.
Kasen & his Auntie
My daddy & his girls. :)
Papa & Gma M
Kasen "smiling" - I can't get enough of it. Funny boy!
Part of his Christmas from Papa & Gma M, he loves it.
Finally, he had some lunch. A peanut better sandwich. One day he'll know better. All that food...
After stuffing ourselves at lunch, it was time to head to dinner with the B's. We had a nice meal & lots of fun. Kasen did well considering he was up waaaaay past his bed time.
Kasen with Mimi/Ma (he hasn't decided it seems) & Gpa B
"Smiling" & helping Rita with her candle.
He played & played & played in the dog crate. He really thought it was the coolest thing. Who needs toys?


Thanksgiving came & went, then came BLACK FRIDAY. Luke was nice enough (or maybe just excited) to get up at 4:30 to do the shopping. He got to Wal-Mart, in the midst of chaos, & grabbed one of the few remaining big screen plasma tvs. It was a great deal & he came home & eventually climbed back in the bed. I woke up & decided to make eggs. As I grated the cheese I kept thinking something was off. The color was too dark & it didn't seem cold enough. So, I opened the freezer & discovered a pool. :( After cleaning out the fridge, Luke & I hauled the tv upstairs to our bedroom. Then Kasen went down for a nap & we discovered that the tv - the brand new tv - was broken. So, we hauled it back downstairs & got it back to Wally World, where they basically told us we were SOL. Lucky us. Luke woke up that early all for nothing.
He did, however, head over to Best Buy where he snatched up another (albeit not as great) deal. So, here is the new view from our bed:

Quite the upgrade - 13" tv to a 50" hdtv. Yes, it IS a bit big, but you know how Luke is with his electronics. ;)

3 comments:

Bri said...

That smile is too funny! Looks like you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving even if the little guy missed out on all the good food. I am sure next year you'll have to cut him off. Yum!

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh, Heath would be in heaven with that t.v.!
Glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

Cortni said...

Cool tv!! I love Kasen trying to smile too, that is so funny. I thought he was such a cutie with his curls but I have to say that I really like his hair cut. He looks more like a little boy than a baby...I miss Anthony being that little....he reminds me everyday that he will be 13 on his next birthday :(