Two big bye-byes this week... The first? Cloth diapers. It makes me a bit sad. Cloth diapers are CUUUTE, they're more earth-friendly, and they're way cheaper than disposables! but, alas, Kasen can't seem to handle them. Ever since he had impetigo we've had issues. I've stripped them, bleached them, and washed them every possible way... Kasen's skin is just too sensitive suddenly. If there's a tiny bit of wetness (and let's face it, it might be ideal, but diapers don't usually get changed the second they pee!), he breaks out in a diaper rash. I gave it a break, then tried again, but it just ain't working. So, I have sadly packed that idea up & moved on to the money pit, I mean disposables. ;) I think I have tried almost every brand out there, no lie, so if you're ever curious, I know way more than I should! I have finally decided which kind *I* like - Tushies Tushies is The Only Disposable Diaper with Certified Non-Chlorine Bleached Wood pulp blended with COTTON for natural high absorbency. No gels, no bleach (no cancer-causing dioxins!), and they help add a little "fluff" to his butt, which my skinny man needs to make his clothes fit. I've bought the grandmas Tushies & Nature Babycare (which are also chlorine free & also contain no plastic, BUT they do have that gel) to try & see what they like. Man, I forgot how expense diapering a child was. (Although Kasen has sat on the potty for many, many months - even peeing in the potty, the moment I started potty training, he decided he wanted NOTHING to do with the thing. I hope he changes his mind SOON!)
Before we move on to the other bye-bye, here's some random cuteness for ya. I'm sorry, but there's just not much cuter than a kid in footie jammies. After seeing Kasen in them I know you'll have to agree! ;)
I told him to "turn around" so that I could get a pic of the front of him. Being at a very literal stage of development... he turned around... and around... and around. He just kept spinning & of course, as any good mom would do, I just kept laughing! Silly boy!
Yet another mistake I've made recently. I tried to explain what it meant to smile. So, I showed him by smiling myself. One of those big, huge, wrinkle your face up kind of smiles. Well, he missed the fact that my mouth was doing the smiling & now thinks that "smile" means:
The second bye-bye was hard too!
Are you ready?
Here
we
go...
WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!
I changed my mind boys...
Oh, crap!
Too late.
Finally, may I share my latest necklace? :) Luscious Linz Creations
8 comments:
Oh no, not the curls! :(
I love his new "smile" too cute.
I can't believe you chopped the curls off!! You're right, he looks totally different. Gorgeous as always though. Thanks for the advice on DAM, is there anything that you would recommend for family members? TIA!
AAW sorry about the diapers. :( I am a sucker for babies in footy jammies too!!!
Luke cut his hair?!? Wow! He did great. If I cut his hair I'm sad to say it would definitely have to be fixed afterwards...haha!
And don't you know...Kids do exactly opposite of what you tell him. Just tell him to feed the doggy all he wants and maybe he'll stop ;)
I'm so impressed that y'all cut his hair with scissors. Ethan would probably loose an ear if we tried to do that.
I love his 'smile'!! He is such a cutie.
LOVE his haircut!!! It looks great and I am very impressed that y'all did it yourself.
Fabulous necklace!
Where can I buy Tushies? Are they more expensive than Pampers?
Sorry about the cloth dipes!! I hated changing back too! I use pampers BUT she STILL breaks out a little! Maybe I will try the Tushies and see if that works well with her. We are going to start PTing soon but I was hoping to wait until AFTER the holidays! I did get her cloth training pants though... anyway thanks for the suggestion!
And you know how cute I think he is with or without curls but he does look older!! But still so cute!!! :)
Oh! He looks so grown up now! Love the necklace :) We need to meet up one day soon!
Post a Comment