Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thank goodness for the 'Bops!

The 'Bops are what Kasen calls the Doodlebops. He watches them at Papa & Grandma's house. (Remember, we're cheap & don't have cable.) He is always talking about them, so, being the stupid first time parents that we are, we got a few videos for him to watch at home. We are definitely in the phase where he wants to watch the same things over & over & over & over... He LOOOOOVES the 'Bops. I would like to pull my hair out & run screaming when I hear them. (Mostly because their stupid theme song gets stuck in my head for hours.) One afternoon last week I really need to do some work (yes, I get off work early to be with Kasen & I should've left well enough alone, but I couldn't). So, I turned on the 'Bops to see what would happen.
Let me SHOW you what happened...

I got my work done, checked in at Facebook, made some dinner... I know, I'm a horrible mom & I shouldn't let him watch tv for that long, but sometimes you do what you gotta do! Eventually they needed to be restarted. my hands were dirty since I was in the process of making dinner, so I told Kasen to wait a minute. Then they came back on, like magic. The little stinker figured out how to use daddy's keyboard & replay the video! Oh well, at least I didn't have to wash my hands. hehe!

The reason I waited so long to post this is that Kasen had his 18 month well visit today. I wanted to add all those stats. So, this cute little man right here:Is a VERY healthy, VERY tall boy! He is 34.8" tall (in the 97th percentile) and 26.9#s (in the 64th percentile). His head is 19.3" (79th percentile), if you're keeping up. The doctor said he'd probably be a very big guy, perhaps a point guard or a really skinny... oh, crap... some football position. I'm a girl, give me a break! I commented that he's more than welcome to be a ballerina though, if he chooses (although daddy would prefer he not be). Not five minutes later he showed how much grace he has by tripping over, I don't, know... air. ha! The doctor had to be funny and say "yeah, a ballerina, huh?".

Everything is great with our happy, healthy boy! Since trying to "force" him into potty training didn't work, I've been taking it really easy. The pottys are set up (one upstairs, one down) & he's welcome to use them if he pleases. I'll ask him every now & then if [fill in the blank with the nearest stuffed animal] needs to go potty, and he'll take them & put the on the potty & make a hhhiiisssss sound, like they are peeing. The other night he peed a little tiny bit while running around naked & then said "peepee... potty!" and ran to the potty. He sat in it for maybe 2 second. We couldn't actually GO in the potty you know! He's getting there, and I'm happy to let him do it on HIS terms. There's no rush - he'll be potty trained before he's in kindergarten. ;)

We had tacos a couple nights ago & Kasen had his first, non-cut, real burrito! (That I know of anyway.) He did very well with it & he thought it was yummy -especially when daddy added "spicy" to it for him. I'll leave you with a cute pic of that action. :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow he's getting so big. Kasen looks like he's really enjoying that burrito. I'm glad he's doing so great.

Melanie said...

Kasen is cute as always and he'd be a great ballet dancer, all dancers are incredibly clumsy.

Ethan used to love the Doodlebops. I'll never forget when he was so completely in love with him one of my friends said "Doesn't it bother you that the blue one is gay". I was in such shock that I couldn't even pick my mouth up off the floor to respond. Really I didn't know I was supposed to care about things like that. I agree about the song though, I'll probably be singing it the rest of the week just from seeing your blog post.

Melanie said...

Kasen is cute as always and he'd be a great ballet dancer, all dancers are incredibly clumsy.

Ethan used to love the Doodlebops. I'll never forget when he was so completely in love with him one of my friends said "Doesn't it bother you that the blue one is gay". I was in such shock that I couldn't even pick my mouth up off the floor to respond. Really I didn't know I was supposed to care about things like that. I agree about the song though, I'll probably be singing it the rest of the week just from seeing your blog post.

Chrystyna said...

Remind me to never buy a video, so I don't ever have to go through that! haha! I'm glad his 18 mo check-up went well :) And...Ballerina? Seriously?

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh the Doodlebops! Ella loves them too and that song gets stuck in my head also. Grrr.