Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Week

We're really not big Valentine's Day celebrators anyway, but due to The Year Without, we REALLY didn't have the means to celebrate. We had a great day anyway. It really doesn't take a bunch of money & stuff to have a nice day - any day.
We started off with a nice HEART-y breakfast (I crack myself up!), of eggs, toast, & a [strawberry] Kefir/[vanilla] yogurt combo with granola.

Then we had a typical morning full of playtime, books, and ((finally)) a nap. For lunch, Kasen got HEART-y meal #2. A peanut butter sandwich, banana, & cheese."HEART!"

Then we headed out to the Tubes! Nothing like a free, indoor playground to wear a kid out. ;)

Kasen is SUCH a climber, and has NO fear. It won't be long before he can climb all the to the top.
After we left the Tubes we headed over to see Luke's grandparent's. (If you'll recall, his grandma just had a mastectomy. She's doing really well.) They pulled out this cute little rocking chair that they've had forever. I think they said they had it when their kids were little??? I know they had it when Luke was little. Kasen enjoyed it. Great Gpa Jim took Kasen to see the dogs - but they weren't outside. He saw another dog though, hence the pointing.
Saying goodbye to Great Gma Iva.

We followed that visit up with a stop at Grandpa & Mimi's house. (Which, of course, Kasen loved!) Then the three of us made the mistake of going out to dinner. We chose Olive Garden. We got there shortly after 5 & didn't leave until 7. Kasen did well considering... but I can't say I have any desire to replay that trip! We did discover that Kasen LOOOOVES the salad there. He wouldn't even eat the pizza he insisted on having me get him, he JUST wanted salad!
Today was a relaxing day. This afternoon Kasen & I decided to get out of the house for a bit, so we met Christina (with Lexi & Livi) and Alicia (with Gage) at the park. It was fun. although Kasen is too much for me. Remember my comment a minute ago about his lack of fear? Sheesh! I have plenty of it for the both of us, no worries! ;)

Lexi, Kasen, Gage, & Livi playing with the mulch.
Lexi is SUCH a good big sister!
When we got home, Daddy made ME - MOMMY - and himself a smoothie. Someone else took over MY cup though...
Ohhhh, and, Kasen has been doing a good job of peeing in the potty before he goes to bed. Once we get that down a bit I'll add more attempts. (I've tried already, but so far they aren't so successful.) Since I'm a mean mommy who doesn't like to give Kasen lots of junk food & candy & stuff I've decided the perfect reward for him is to get to call someone when he goes in the potty. If he pees he gets to call 1 person of his choosing. If he poops (a mom can dream, right?), he gets to call 2 people. He loves to use the phone, so I'm hoping it's the right incentive... We'll see.

3 comments:

Dina said...

what a great day!! we love The Tubes - let me know when you want to meet up there!

Marci said...

I love your heart meals....too fun! And The Tubes - that looks awesome! But it's in Irving?? Anyway, good luck on potty training - I haven't even STARTED on that one!

Janelle and Ella said...

Cute, cute, cute HEARTy food!!! I will have to steal those ideas!

Call me next time you go to the Tubes and I'll meet you there. We love going there.