Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The lazy, busy weekend.

What's better than a weekend with one busy day & one lazy day? Well, two lazy days, of course. We got one though. I think we did it backwards since we did the lazy day on Saturday & the busy one Sunday, but that's okay.
First, here's a family shot:
What? You can't figure that out? Well, as you can see, the guy in green has his name on his hat - Kasen. The guy in the middle is daddy. The pig on the end? Well, the pig is mommy. ...to make matters worse, the day after he declared this our family, he took out the pig, a cow, & a lamb" "Mommy", "Oklahoma", & "Lamby Lamb". I guess that makes it official. I'm a pig. oink, oink.
Saturday pretty much looked like this (except we all had a spot):
I did get up the energy to take a picture of Kasen with the tree. It went well, don't you think? 2 is fun. (That's only a half-sarcastic comment. It really is fun.)
We also worked on some top-secret stuff that I can't share. Instead, here's Kasen working on a master piece at his desk.
Sunday was moving day. Not for us (thank goodness!!), but some wonderful friends of ours moved into our neighborhood. Yay! Luke helped move stuff, I, ummm... entertained the kids. Yep, that's right, I had the hardest job. I took one for the team.
No, I didn't really think they'd take a nap, but I sure hoped!
Blanket stealing starts younger & younger. I swear! ;)
The greatest moment of the move was when sweet little Rylan came parading through the house with this cool new guitar she found... from the Christmas stash (doh!). It was quickly taken away, but [in typical 2 year old fashion] a meltdown ensued. Picture the chaos - a toddler on the floor thinking the world is going to surely end now. Big brother locked in his room so the little kids won't mess with his stuff. Boxes, furniture, and what-nots here & there. People in & out, up & down... you know, all the typical moving stuff. Then, in walks Kasen (come on, you knew it was coming...) - WITH NO PANTS ON. *sigh* That's my baby! The answer to the question you know I asked? "I went peepee." Not sure how peeing = losing your pants, but I suppose I should pick my battles & just be happy that he peed in a potty without help. Right?


I'm out of pictures & wit, so here's a video I attempted to get of Kasen's Christmas list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this sounds like the perfect weekend!! HAHA! I do love those lazy days. Where did you get Kasen's desk?

Helen said...

My parents found it at a thrift store. They have one like it at their house too. Thrift stores rock!

Marci said...

I love reading your blog...you crack me up! :) I'm loving the Christmas tree pic!!!