Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese's... Where a Kid Can Be a Kid!

Let me start by saying how disappointed I am in our camera. Most of the pics I took today are awful. It could be operator error, but I'm the one taking pics 95% of the time & I've never had a full day of bad pics. :(
Now, on to the day I've been waiting for since Kasen was born - his first trip to Chuck E. Cheese's!! When my childhood best friend had a little girl a year after Kasen was born I just knew I had to save this special day until she was ready for a trip there too. S & I were always begging my mom to take us to when we were little (well, Showbiz is where we went back then), so it seemed fitting to share this special moment. So, today, S, J, & M met us at C. E. C. to have some fun. The kids enjoyed themselves, although I think Kasen was a bit overwhelmed by so many options. He'd start a game/ride & be ready for the next less than half-way through it.
Here is Kasen playing his very first C. E. C. game with daddy!
A little skeeball to make Auntie proud.
Lamest. Ride. Ever. Don't waste your quarter. ;)
I wanted a group shot - S & M & Kasen & I. Well, easier said than done. Here's a few attempts:


Kasen & mommy checking out Chuck. Kasen was over him pretty fast.
M & J playing M's favorite game.
Kasen was so excited that there was a monster truck!

I rode this one with him & assumed it was broken since it didn't move... then I got up & discovered I just weight too much for it to move while I'm on it. *sigh*
Prizes!!! M wanted a spoon. Kasen was mostly interested in the Dumdums.
It was a great first trip to C. E. C., and I'm sure we'll go again (not soon, ha!). I have a new-found respect for my mom now. She seriously put up with THAT over & over & over, just because we begged? She's a better woman than I. I do wish they had a cool show like Showbiz always did, but I doubt Kasen would've even paid attention if they did, so no real loss there.

2 comments:

Liza said...

Your so sweet to look forward to his first visit at the Cheese . Nick and I on the other hand DREADED when the day was to come!LOL! We used to take our nieces on a special day and soon discovered we had to keep our own kids away! Yeah that didn't happen. Z & E love them some.."C word" as Nick and I call it. :)

Holly said...

How cute....I hate that place but my kids LOVE it!! LOL!