Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Texas State Fair 2010

It was a looooooooong 7 hour day at the Fair, but it was a fun day for sure!
Knowing that Kasen is the kind of kid who likes to just run for the hills... I made sure to 1 - dress him in a bright orange shirt & 2 - wear him on my back as much as possible. (I, personally, am not a fan of the kid leash. If I were, however, Kasen would be the prime example of why they were invented. He is his own person for sure - mommy & daddy just slow him down.)
The was the original Big Tex. I assume just his head... but maybe he really was just a big head driving a car back in the day - who knows?
Just a photo-op.
Our favorite thing at the Fair is checking out all the new cars. Kasen especially enjoys it.
He swore he wanted a corny dog. I knew he hasn't liked them in the past. I (for whatever dumb reason) went against my better judgement & bought one for him. He took one bite & declared that he didn't like it. He did eat some of the meat, he's just not a fan of the corny part. He's so not normal! (Dislikes: pizza, mashed potatoes, corny dogs, cotton candy (yeah, we'll get to that)... need I go on?)
In line for his very first ride on the Texas Star ferris wheel!
It was Luke's first ride too!
High up!
Kasen was very excited to try some cotton candy. It's all he talked about for days. He had a hard time figuring out how you're suppose to eat it. So, he licked it. Of course. ;) He ate 2 or 3 bites of it & was DONE. Seriously. It's sugar & he didn't like it. Weird kid, right?
He LOVED the petting zoo section. He probably would've spent most of the day in there if we'd let him.
Next stop was checking out the Borden cows! That had to include chocolate milk, duh.
A stop to check out the cool train.
Then - the spook house! He originally decided he didn't want to ride this, so we walked around a bit. Then he started begging to ride it, so we headed back. He wasn't scared at all & talked about how it was so much fun!
He got to pick 2 rides & a few games. The first ride he chose was the motorcycles.
Then he picked something else, that he wasn't tall enough for.
Next, he chose this mini fun house/obstacle course thing. He REALLY wanted to go down the big slide at the end. He made it past these things (at the very beginning) & had a little breakdown. The guy told me I could go in with him, so I went in & he still refused to go. So, he got his tickets back & we went on to his final ride...
Which was a good choice for him! (Although he said the motorcycle was his favorite.)
He played 3 games, hoping to win a Scooby Doo, but he didn't. He didn't understand why he couldn't have a Scooby Doo, but he did get 2 little stuffed animals instead (and he had a lot of fun).
After a full day of playing, he was passed out before we made it to the highway. What a day!

3 comments:

Liza said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I too hated those kid leashes! Until Z turned 18 months and became an escape artist. I turned to swipe my card to pay for groceries and realized he wasn't whining anymore..because he was GONE! I scooped E out of the cart and ran leaving my purse and money..everything exposed I didn't care! I wanted my child! Needless to say after both our tears were wiped I walked back to the baby section and bought a leash. Sigh, rotten child! E never had to use it though..thank GOD!

Janelle and Ella said...

I am still so bummed that we were there the same day and didn't see each other.
Great pics. You are on top of it. I still haven't downloaded mine.

Marci said...

What a fun day!! I'm cracking up at him not liking the corny dog and cotton candy - funny kid! Love the last pic of him passed out...so cute!