Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kasen's First Camping Trip!

Headed out! (Yes, it was just a weekend trip. Yes, we did over-pack. Hush.)
Finally, we're there! (This is also the first place mommy ever camped!)
Our site.
Checking out the bed.
Dinner's cooking & daddy's relaxing.
Kasen roasted his first marshmallow, for his first smore.
2 thumbs up! (Although he really just wanted to eat the chocolate.)
We took a nice walk along the shore as the sun set.
Kasen had to find the biggest rocks, of course.
THIS is why camping rocks.
Time for bed (finally!). It got COLD at night.
Saturday morning, before sneaking out for a shower, I found this peaceful sight.
A little coffee for daddy (and mommy) and an apple for Kasen.
Then, the guys were off for a fishing trip...
while mommy enjoyed coffee & a good book by the campfire.
After fishing, Kasen waited patiently for Trey to arrive.
He also did a little digging, and, well, whatever it is he's doing here.
Trey made it, with his mommy & Brandon, of course. (Trey's daddy was home sick.)
Without trying, Trey & Kasen were twins.
Exact words: "I don't have to wash my hands 'cause I didn't touch my penis".
Cuteness!
The boys were up to... well, probably no good, but I don't remember at this moment.
The playground was a big hit - the rock funnel being the best thing ever.
These boys are growing up WAY too fast.
The tire swing was more fun for mommy - pushing 1 swing is easier than 2.
After a fishing excursion, daddy joined the fun (on the world's smallest merry-go-round).
Brandon fell asleep in my arms, attempting to give me baby fever. Thank goodness he squashed that once he woke up. He is a mini Kasen (other than the non-stop talking Kasen is known for), and as much as love Kasen, I can't imagine having 2 of him to keep up with!
The boys really enjoyed the beach.
Daddy told us about a spot with lots of animal tracks, so we all had to go check it out.
The playing worked up an appetite in all of us, so we headed back for a snack.
Brandon just got cookies, but he keep dipping them in Kasen's pudding when Kasen wasn't looking.
Kasen eating his cookies & pudding.
Pudding is messy stuff.
Little boys sure love cars!
Dinner was hot dogs. Kasen snatched a cheese wurst instead - and he actually ate it! *gasp*
A little glow stick fun before bed.
Good morning boys!
Searching for bugs.
Discussing something important. I wonder what though?
This was Brandon's favorite game (run for the street & freedom!!). He is a mini Kasen I tell ya.
The boys did some digging while we packed things up.
Kasen pulled legs off the daddy long legs.
After Trey & Brandon (and Sabrina) headed home, we all went on a nature hike before heading out ourselves. It was rather uneventful, but Kasen insisted I take a picture of him with this sign.
Camping with a 3 year old (or, 2 3 year olds & a not-yet 2 year old) is an adventure for sure. There were moments of fun & moments of torture. Will we do it again? For sure. Will it be anytime real soon? Doubtful. ;) Maybe we'll try again in the spring though. We do want Kasen to know, appreciate, and enjoy nature & camping, we just want to make sure he remains in one piece during the process.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Wow, you are one brave mommy! And Sabrina too, my goodness, taking both of hers without her husband! Great pics...looks like everyone had a wonderful time. :) Love the naked pic!

Janelle and Ella said...

Looks like a great time!! We have been talking about taking Ella camping. I think this has convinced me. And I laughed out loud at the peeing pic and what he said. Hilarious!