Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter 2011

The weekend before Easter, we started the celebration with an egg hunt at The Gentle Zoo.  Kasen had an absolute blast & he did really well at the hunt.
Denya offered to paint Kasen's face...
 ...but he really wanted Bumble Bee, so daddy took over.  hahaha!
 Some of the "under 5" kiddos ready to hunt!
 There were eggs EVERYWHERE!
 Kasen wasted no time getting to work.
 He took the short cut out of the maze to get to more eggs.
 Look at that basket!
Rylan in the background. 
 I love this picture!  I swear the other little boy looks like he's thinking "how'd he get all those", or something along those lines.  We told Kasen before the hunt to just grab all he could & not open them 'til after it was all over (previously, he's opened each one as he picked it up).  He definitely listened.
 Kasen & his stash.
Aislyn & her stash. 
 Kasen was a sweetie & shared with Aislyn because she was sad she didn't get as many.
 Rylan was content with her goods.
 He had already opened them all & was trying to exchange all the red candies, since he can't have red dyes.  (Yep, on his own - he's a smart kid!)
 Aislyn
 The egg exchange in process.
 On Easter Sunday we actually didn't do all the typical family stuff.  I was still worn out from the weekend before, with the trip to Galveston & the long day at The Gentle Zoo.  Kasen did get an Easter Basket from us/the Easter Bunny for the first time ever though.
 Gummy bunnies, Toy Story dominoes, a book, Goldfish, 2 peanut butter cups (shaped like bunnies, of course), and a bubble gun.
 Quite proud of his "butter cups".
 The book: Love You Forever. Yes, I did get choked up the first time I read it to him.  Sweet book.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aw, fun! I love that he shared his eggs...and wow, what a smart kid to try to exchange his red candies on his own!!!

Marci said...

He's so cute!!! Looks like he had a good time hunting eggs - and what a sweet boy to share them!