I'm not even sure how the whole month has passed (more or less) so quickly! Wow, the year is half way over?! This month has been full of fun times &, honestly, a roller coaster of Kasen-ness.
On Mother's Day, Luke & Kasen went on a little adventure, while I had some time to myself.
Later, Kasen gave me a gift - a pink rose & a card.
Unfortunately, on the last week of school, Kasen caught a cold. He got SICK. Luke stayed home on Monday with him. Monday was the worst day for him. He started out okay, playing & in good spirits, then he took a quick roll downhill. When I got home, I found this:
Later that night, Kasen was running a 104*+ fever, with his eyes watering like crazy. He STILL told me he felt fine & he wasn't sick. When we ran over to Denya's to borrow some ibuprofen, Kasen was bouncing around & asking to go in to play with Rylan - with over a 104 temperature! Seriously, this kid NEVER stops!
He did make a recovery, although it was a rough one. While he doesn't think he feels bad & he doesn't want to lay around, he does get CRANKY, MEAN, & acts HORRIBLY. The best example of that was when he was on the up-swing of being sick (a week after he first got sick). We all went to Best Buy so Luke & I could get new phones. Kasen was bored & restless, so I started walking him around. We found some tvs that would play different movie trailers. I turned on Karate Kid for him, and stood there as it started. All the sudden, out of nowhere, Kasen PUNCHED the tv screen. Yes, really. I was in shock, and stood there, watching the screen go black as I grabbed Kasen to get on to him. The screen flashed back on & I took him away from the area. I thought I could predict his moves before he made them, but I never, EVER, saw that one coming!
Luckily, we all survived the ordeal & he didn't break the tv, so we didn't have to buy it. I promise I'll never forget that moment though. (Yes, I do laugh about it now. I replay it [in slow motion] in my head & just have to say "REALLY"?!)
So, after hearing that, look at this face & tell me if you believe it. ha!
Kasen wasn't able to make it to his last week of school, but he was feeling well enough to go to the program. Unfortunately, I'm not used to the camera on my new phone & I didn't take the real camera, so I didn't get any good shots. He was a super cute giraffe though. During the song the 3 year olds sang, he jumped around the stage, acting a bit crazy. Which, for him, is totally normal. :)
As the 4 year old graduation commenced, Kasen got a little unruly, so Luke took him outside... where he ended up in time out.
On my birthday, Kasen & I did a little shopping. He had a lot of fun picking up sunglasses that someone had knocked off the racks. Then, he played a little dress up. :)
Later that night, my wonderful friends surprised me with a party!! Unfortunately, I didn't have the camera (seeing as how it was a surprise party), and I still don't have the phone's camera down... but I got a few decent shots to remember the night.
Denya decorated SO well! She went all out. She also told me that, that morning Rupert woke up and said "happy Helen's birthday day", then her daughter, Rylan & son, Jaron, both woke up & said similar things. So sweet!
I just can't believe that I've now had 2 surprise parties thrown for me that were both fabulous! My friends sure spoil me!!
The kiddos all had a great time. Kasen was so worn out that he didn't want to wake up the next morning.
I totally caught Brandon picking his nose... he had no shame though.
Look at Katy & Tage! So cute!
Gosh, we look a bit tired. I think we were still recovering from Kasen's sickness. ;)
The cake!
The girls (minus Lesley, who had already sneaked out to get her kids to bed).
Sabrina, me, Katy (and Tage), Denya, & Jen
It was a great night full of fun & great food. I really am blessed with the friends I have. Unfortunately, a bad storm rolled in to finish off my birthday night, but everyone at the party made it home safely.
The storm produced a few tornadoes, one of which was right by Mimi & Papa Wayne's house. The were without power for a long while & had some debris to clean up, but they are okay & their house wasn't damaged. Thank goodness!
Kasen spent the night with Ma & Papa Vergil on Thursday night & then spent the whole day with them on Friday. A full day with no responsibilities resulted in Luke & I heading out to Arbor Hills for a nice bike ride. I'm not sure if was the wind or all the hills. but the ride kicked my butt! It was beautiful ride though, full of wildflowers & other peaceful scenery.
Saturday I had my final birthday celebration, at Ma & Papa Vergil's house that included this AMAZING cake. (I should mention, Mimi also made me a cake that was fabulous!)
Realizing that I hadn't taken many decent pics of Kasen lately, I got a few in this weekend.
Of course, it's harder now that he refuses to smile & instead gives me faces like this:
or this:
We decided to sell Kasen's swingset, as he was slowly outgrowing it & I had an idea for something a bit more fun... A pool!
Kasen was eager to get in it - even before it was done filling up (and the water was COLD!).
Kasen was eager to get in it - even before it was done filling up (and the water was COLD!).
I foresee a fun summer ahead!
He totally did this on his own. haha























2 comments:
<3 What fun Birthday celebrations, and love the pool! :)
You gotta give it to him, Helen, he's full of energy and spunk! You'll like that one day. :) He's totally precious! I'm glad you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment