What's new? Well, it's NOT new that Graham is the cutest 5.5 month old around...
It IS new that Starbucks puts Miracle Whip on their drinks. ;)
"The top tastes like chocolate Miracle Whip", per Kasen.
It's also new that we lost our minds & thought spending 8 hours in the car with 2 kids would be a good idea. (In all honesty, it wasn't THAT bad, but we won't be doing a one-day-only trip again for a long time!). We decided Mimi needed a nice surprise for her birthday, so we loaded into the car & drove, & drove, & drove... then we sent Kasen, balloon in hand, to ring the doorbell. We had a wonderful visit & we're all glad we made the trek, Mimi's joy was a present back to us!
Surprise!!
Also new? I had a parent-teacher conference with Kasen's teacher. Turns out (okay, this isn't so new), the kid is brilliant! ;) He's doing really well in almost everything, but we decided it is time to focus on numbers more. He's great at addition (and subtraction), but he writes his numbers backwards & wonky, so I've got to find fun ways to get him practicing. Attempt 1 - shaving cream! Which turned into an afternoon of playing with shaving cream & water outside. Gotta love sensory fun!
Also new? Luke voted. For the first time EVER. I'm so proud! (They had no stickers at our polling place, boo!)
Not new - I voted (haven't missed a major election yet). New - Graham "voted" with me!
New - Kasen & I (and Graham, he's always along for the ride), checked out a fun park, after an afternoon at the zoo.
New & fun! - Graham is on the move! He's got this scoot-crawl thing going. It works for him, so I guess that's okay, even though it's weird. Plus, he's still a baby, waaaaaaah! Time is going so fast!
The problem he has now though, is that he gets to some place & then gets stuck. Not so new - I'm the kind of mom that gets the camera before offering help. hehe
Also new - Graham is "eating". I decided to do baby led weaning instead of purees this time around. He's not really eating much of it, he's mostly sucking any kind of juice he can get out of it & mushing it, then dropping it on himself or throwing it on the floor. He seems to enjoy getting to east when we do though, & he REALLY liked the taste of banana.












No comments:
Post a Comment