An espresso machine (it's good stuff!), cupcakes, and a funny card.
Then we headed out to the zoo! This was Kasen's very first trip. He's still a little young to really enjoy it, but he liked most of the animals & really liked all the trees. He was happy to be outside 'cause the kid LOVES the outdoors. He also enjoyed playing with Trey, he actually say Trey as we were standing in line to get in & started pointing w/a big grin on his face. (awwww!)
I think the funniest thing we saw all day was when we were checking out the rhinoceroses. There was a group of kids standing up against the bar looking at one that was at the edge of the little area they can stand. All of a sudden he turned his butt towards the kids & sprayed pee everywhere! I totally wish we'd have the camera out 'cause it scared the crap out of us, but one of the little boys was trying to get closer so he would be sprayed. (ah, boys!) I had no idea a rhinoceros could spray so much pee everywhere. Lesson learned - steer clear of the area closest to them. lol
After a long, hot, fun day at the zoo, we dropped Luke's tire off (he got a flat Fri night) at Discount Tire & then headed over to Einstein Bros' Bagels for lunch. (YUMMM!) Then we headed home, where Kasen played in the pool, then took a nap. Later I went grocery shopping (isn't that what everyone wants to do on their bday?), and when I got home Kasen was asleep. :( So, Luke & I watched Cloverfield (it was okay I guess), then headed to bed. Stay tuned for what our wonderful anniversary day has in store for us....
Now, on to the pics!
I'll start with Friday night after Kasen's bath. He ran around like a crazy boy, then decided he wanted his blankie. He always manages to get his blankie out of his crib, so here he is in the process: (Don't you just love that naked butt!) It was stuck, so he decided to hold it there for a while so he could build up energy to get it out.
After running around & finally getting a diaper on... Success!
Then a little play time with daddy before crashing.
~THE ZOO! ~
We spent most of our time in the children's area. Of course. ;)
Outside the caterpillar:
Like I said, it was a great birthday! I got the present I really wanted and I was able to share my special day with my family & great friends. It was exactly what I wanted my birthday to be.
2 comments:
So fun!! Happy Birthday!!!!
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment