Mama & Kasen PLAY!!! I didn't want to say something before, for security reasons (lots of weirdos in the big ol' cyberworld), but Luke was out of town this week for work (in SC). He left on Tuesday morning & came back really, really early Saturday. I decided to take Wed-Fri off & play single mama on the go! Since I only work half days on Tuesdays, that gave me a nice, long 5.5 day weekend. Woohoo! (I'm so not looking forward to going back tomorrow.) Kasen and I had a jam-packed week, to say the least. I am completely worn out & poor Kasen is just not doing well now. We're guessing it's tooth related, but he's just in a big ol' funk right now. In fact, Luke is up with him at this moment trying to get him back to sleep (he went down over an hour ago). Poor little guy.
Playing in the back yard. He loves to sit at his little table. I think he was being a bunny when I took this pic.
Kasen & Gage (or as Kasen calls him - Geee)
On to Wednesday. Kasen woke up at 8am & played & played & played. At some point he took this box off the storage things & climbed in it to play. Silly boy!
Thursday morning we woke up (8am again) & got ready to go to the State Fair of Texas! It was Kasen's very first trip. He had to look the part so...
He wasn't very happy. BUT, milk saved the day.He waited so patiently for Papa & Gma M to get here.
First stop - meeting Big Tex!

Time to see the animals (his favorite part, of course).
The giraffe wanted to say hi.
He was SCARED of the camel. (Maybe I shouldn't have told him it'd eat him...)
Petting the llama.
This guy liked him. Or maybe he wanted to eat his boots. Not real sure. ;)This is one of the strangest looking animals ever!
Checking out the pig & her "baybees".
Next, we checked out a big train. 

Then Kasen got some grandma lovin'.
Of course he looked like this while eating it...
Then threw a HUGE fit when I took it away. I'm such a mean mama, I wouldn't let him eat it all.Then he discovered there was water there too. FUN!!!
Grandma said to pick this one...
I get to pick another one?!
Riding the only ride he was big enough to ride - the train.
Yes, it was oh-so-comfy for mama.
I never thought we'd quit going around & around. Kasen enjoyed it though.
Never, ever, ever, did I think I'd have a pic like this. Really, my child does. not. sleep. in public. I guess the trick is to keep him at the Fair for 6 hours. haha!
The fair food run down...
Fried Grilled Cheese - pretty darn good, but I don't know how you could eat a whole one.
Fried Grilled Cheese - pretty darn good, but I don't know how you could eat a whole one.
Fried Truffle - I could do without it.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls - not as good as I expected, but alright.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Waffle Balls - not as good as I expected, but alright.
Sweet Potato Fries - great, of course!
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - run, run, run - that stuff was nasty. Undissolved sugar in a cup of lemon water. Blah! (And they charge you $4 for it!)
I almost tried the Fried Guacamole... maybe next year. :)
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade - run, run, run - that stuff was nasty. Undissolved sugar in a cup of lemon water. Blah! (And they charge you $4 for it!)
I almost tried the Fried Guacamole... maybe next year. :)
After a long night, Kasen & I recovered (sorta) & woke up at 7:45am Friday. We hung out at home & we did both get a 1 hour nap. Then we headed out to the mall to do some shopping. Kasen got lots of fall clothes & daddy got a new shirt. Kasen had enough, so we went home & played some more.
Showing off the ball he won from the 2nd duck game he played.
Mowing the lawn.
Chasing the dog & playing with a ball (he's a multi-tasker).
Saturday morning came a bit too early. We woke up & headed out to pick up daddy at 7:30am. Once we picked him up, we had a great breakfast at the Original Pancake House, then headed home for lots of resting & little napping. Somehow I talked Luke into going shopping with us & we spent waaay too much time at the mall. Luke got a new pair of shoes & Kasen got a Halloween costume though. (He's gonna be a dragon - ie "dagoon".) Then I headed out for more, yes more, shopping to get an outfit & some new tennis shoes. Did you know Reeboks aren't cool anymore? When did that happen? :(
Today we had a fairly relaxing day, we hung out a the house all morning, then met the awesome Heather to do some family pics. I cannot believe the week went by so fast.
Kasen has his 15 mth check-up on Tuesday. Poor little guy will have to get some shots. I'll tell you all about it next week!
Showing off the ball he won from the 2nd duck game he played.
Today we had a fairly relaxing day, we hung out a the house all morning, then met the awesome Heather to do some family pics. I cannot believe the week went by so fast.




5 comments:
I'm so sad I missed on Tuesday...Long Story!! Glad you guys had a blast!! Love all the pics of Kasen at the fair...we are headed there tomorrow!!
I LOVE your hair cut. It looks great!!!
I'm glad you had a lot of time off to spend with your cutie pie son! And so fun that you went to the Fair. We are going next week and I will have to try the fried grilled cheese.
How Fun! I love the hair! Pretty! Wish I could have been there for the MNO. It's hard to get away with soccer practices and games. I'll get to see you one of these days.
oh my gosh, talk about an awsome long weekend!
Fun times at the fair! Mac got her first try at the duckies this year :)
I love your haircut! It looks so cute on you :)
Post a Comment