Saturday Kasen & I met up with my dear friend, Tara, who was visiting from Utah. We had a great time, until Kasen hit his "I've had enough" point. He & I headed home, where he napped & napped & napped. It was dinner time, so we had a yummy meal, that we finished up with a decorated Easter Egg cake.


Then, Kasen & I took a little walk around the neighborhood, where we found bluebonnets!


Ducky had to smell the bluebonnets:

Sunday we all slept 'til 9 (shocking, yes - but always wonderful!). Then we got ready & headed out to Ma & Papa's house for Easter lunch. Ma, Papa, Great Grandma Audell, Auntie, Mimi, & Papa Wayne were all there. It was a perfect lunch.
Kasen got his very first Easter basket (yes, ever) from Great Grandma Audell. It was perfect - a basketball!


After we had a yummy lunch, Kasen got his second Easter basket - from Auntie, Ma, & Papa.
It had stickers, a coloring book, a Mickey shirt, bubbles, a chocolate bunny, PlayDoh, and sunglasses (aka "goggles!").



Then Kasen got to open his Easter gift from Mimi & Papa Wayne. A Golden Book, The Miracles of Jesus, some Cadbury eggs, a Mickey top, 4 quarters, & a wind-up toy.



Kasen's first taste of a Cadbury egg (the eyes say it all...):


Next, it was time for an egg hunt. I intentionally skipped the egg hunt in our neighborhood this year becuase I really didn't think he'd "get" it. Boy was I wrong! He totally caught on after just 2 eggs. He had a blast finding the eggs! The eggs were awesome - they were full of socks & Sesame Street underwear. Yay! (There were also 2 with bendy bunnies, but they weren't nearly as cool as the socks & underwear. ;))



Next came nap time! ...while the adults played Chickenfoot.
Luke, being Luke:

Papa Wayne & Mimi:

Ma & Great Grandma Audell:

Papa:

Mommy & Auntie:

Kasen woke up shortly after the game was over, so Papa Wayne rescued him.

Then we headed outside to try out the bubbles!


It really was a perfect Easter celebration.
Let's end on a comparison (the coordinating colors are a crazy coincidence)...
Mimi & Kasen last year:

Mimi & Kasen this year:
4 comments:
Aaw how fun! And I love his Easter outfit, he's adorable!
what a wonderful weekend!!
And I love chickenfoot!!!
Cute pics! Love his Easter outfit...and the sunglasses pictures are precious. :)
How FUN!! Kasen is adorable as always!!! Glad you had a great easter!
Post a Comment