Monday, April 27, 2009

Interrupting the regularly scheduled week...

I can't believe I implied that our week was so boring & dull with nothing to report when, in fact, the most amazing thing happened last week!
The 3 of us were in the kitchen one morning, getting ready to start the day, when Kasen said to me:
"I love you."
Not only was it nice to hear that, but it was the first time he said it all together. Usually we get "love you" or if I tell him to "tell daddy you love him" we get "love him".
I'm sure he doesn't totally understand what "I love you" means, only that it's some feel-good thing we say to each other. That really doesn't matter much to me though - he said "I love you" and it made my day - no, it made my week!

2 comments:

Marci said...

Awwww, how sweet!!!!

Ashley said...

That is the best thing a kid can say to a parent. I love it when my kids say that to me, it just makes me melt. How awesome that he can say it all together!