Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's a Dora Party!

Kasen loves Dora, so he had a Dora birthday party to celebrate turning 2. We had lots of wonderful (and overly generous) guests to help us celebrate. Thank you all for coming to help us celebrate! There was a bounce house & a pinata for entertainment. I made the cake (which I realized too late was way over-ambitious on my part), and we snacked on cheese, Goldfish, pretzels, animal crackers, & watermelon. I took entirely too many pictures, but I did narrow it down for you, so here we go:


The food:
Photobucket


The cake table:
Photobucket


The cake:
Photobucket


S & M arrive, so Kasen says hi:
Photobucket


Then Kasen takes over M's carseat. Just 2 years ago he was brought home in one... *tear*
Photobucket


Meanwhile, M sits plays.
Photobucket


Time to bounce!
Livi & Lexi
Photobucket
Pretty Livi:
Photobucket
Kiki & her awesome grandpa making their way over to the bounce house:
Photobucket
Now she's bouncing! (Kasen & Gage are hanging out in the background.)
Photobucket
Daniel helps Gage with a slam dunk, while Kasen & Sara do their thing.
Photobucket
I love this pic of Sara!
Photobucket


All that bouncing made Kasen thirsty.
Photobucket


And made them all hungry.
Photobucket


Crowd shots:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Time for CAKE!
Photobucket
Photobucket


Meanwhile, Gage played in the bathroom...
Photobucket


Next, it was pinata time!
Kasen goes first:
Photobucket
Trey's up:
Photobucket
Now Gage:
Photobucket
Look at Natalie go!
Photobucket
Next up, Cassi. She broke it!
Photobucket
But, we hung it again & kept on going.
Lexi:
Photobucket
Nathan:
Photobucket
Sara:
Photobucket
Kiki's turn:
Photobucket
...the aftermath:
Photobucket
When things calmed down enough that I was able to go hunt for Kasen, I found him sitting in the pile of candy sucking on a sucker & opening chocolate. I have no clue how much sugar got in him before I caught him, but he was covered in chocolate. -It's all part of the fun!


Time to open presents:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Luke & I found the perfect gift for Kasen. We knew he'd love it the second we saw it. He got 3 gifts, and this was the one he didn't pick out or have a clue even existed...
A WEED EATER!
Photobucket
He adores it as much as we thought he would. Maybe even more.
He loves all of his new toys (and the cool clothes!). He's been busy playing with all of them since Saturday. He's in 2-year-old heaven for sure.


Unfortunately [little] Luke wasn't able to come to the party, but I did get a pic of the 2 birthday boys that were there - Kasen & Trey. Here's them last year (this was at Luke's 1st bday party):
Photobucket
Here they are this year:
Photobucket

5 comments:

Texas Art Friend-zy said...

I'm sorry I missed it - looks like it was a great party.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE that you guys had a Dora party!

Dina said...

what a wonderful celebration!!!

Janelle and Ella said...

GREAT party!! Dora always makes for a good party.

AWESOME job on the cake. You did an amazing job. I'm very impressed.

Happy 2nd Birthday Kasen!! You could not be any more adorable. I know your mommy and daddy are very proud of you.

Marci said...

Awww, cute pics Helen! I'm jealous he's got so many friends...Nathan doesn't really have any! You got some really good shots. Looks like he had a WONDERFUL birthday party!