Thursday afternoon we met some friends at Scottish Rite to play. (See how much fun it was here!) Kasen found this statue of Mark Twain & had a great time pretending to read with him.
I love this picture, he's just so handsome!
Going "fast" down the slide.
He spent a lot of time playing in the soccer goal. He was so excited to get to run back & forth between the goals.

A little more about Kasen - our independent, feisty, dare-devil, sensitive, athletic, intelligent, hilarious almost 26 month old....
Mr. Independent is always saying "I do it", "let me do it", "I want to help", and any other phrase that expresses that HE wants to do it WITHOUT your help. He likes to brush his teeth himself, take off his clothes himself, pick out his own outfits, clean up his own messes, and he does not like to hold anyone's hand up & down the stairs anymore.
Feisty, feisty - he is often the definition of "the terrible 2s". He wants things HIS way on HIS terms, right now! He is so completely full of energy that it can be exhausting. He is ready to go from the time he wakes up until the minute his head hits the pillow. He bounces off the walls & everything else in his way, all day long..
Dare-devil boy knows no limits. I often say it's not a matter of IF we will end up in the ER with him, it's a matter of when. He will climb anything he can find, with no fear of falling. He runs all. the. time. Everywhere he goes, he goes full speed.
Kasen shows his sensitive side often. If someone is upset he is quick to say "it's o-tay" and pat or rub their arm or back. He loves to give hugs & kisses & every once & a while he'll let you hold him.
Baseball, football, golf, tennis, soccer, volleyball, bike riding... anything athletic he can try he does. Kasen doesn't like to sit still, ever, so athletic stuff is great fun for him.
He is super smart (I'm his mom, like I'd say anything else!). He's getting really good with his letters. "R" still gets him some, but when he slows down he can say it well. He loves reciting the states (in alphabetical order) and the continents. He loves to read books with anyone that will sit with him & he has started asking "what word is that" when he sees things written anywhere.
I could spend all day telling you funny stories about Kasen. He keeps us laughing ALL the time. Yesterday we were in the car & he said he didn't want to go home. I asked where he did want to go. "To the french fry store... and to the chicken nugget store." then he told daddy "I need some more money". When he smells something stinky he'll say "what's that smell... it's daddy!". (Sorry Luke, but it is what he says, and it is quite funny.) Lately, every time I'm driving him home he tells me he doesn't want to go home. When I ask him where he wants to go he says, "to the store" when I ask him what kind of store he always says, "the grocery store... to get TOYS". Not sure where he comes up with this stuff.
Every day is more & more fun in our house & I can't recall what life was like before Kasen joined our family. I know it had to be boring though.
1 comment:
I love that pic of him in the tunnel - he IS so handsome! And he sounds so darn cute - I SO wish you guys lived closer. I think Nathan and Kasen could be good buds...they seem so much alike! Except for the smart part - we're still working on our talking! :( But golly, Kasen is a smart boy!
Post a Comment