Sunday, August 2, 2009

BIG Boy Kasen

This week was full of big boy moments! Tuesday, Kasen got his very first backpack. I wasn't sure what he'd think of it, but he LOVES it. In fact the day he got it he went to work figuring out what he could put in it. He decided on his sippy, a car, 2 quarters (thanks to Ma), an imaginary pink screwdriver, and he attempted to stash a fork in it. He also got to help walk the dogs. He helped daddy with Haley, and he made it almost all the way around the block before he lost interest.

Part of being a big boy includes having no fear. As we've been checking out parks for my latest blog ('cause I don't have enough already...), I've discovered how little fear & how much ability he really has. This weekend the park we found had a rock climbing wall. He climber all the way to the top by himself without any hesitation. I was completely impressed (and, honestly, not the least bit scared).
He made it to the top. (Okay, okay, I encouraged him a bit. I told him he had to see what was up there (nothing), so at this point he is busy trying to figure out what I was telling him would be up there. Oops.)
Realizing there actually was nothing up there, he asked me to help him down 'cause he couldn't figure out how to do that part.
The biggest big boy steps came Friday & Sunday.
Friday, Kasen went up to Ma & took his diaper off & told her that he needed to peepee. Then, he went to the potty & peed! That was the first time he did it on his own, we usually have to tell him to stop what he's doing & go pee.
Then, Sunday, he pooped on the potty!!!! It was almost easy, but then turned into a big, 2 hour ordeal, but he did it! We've been promising him he'd get a special treat once he pooped on the potty, so...
He got to go to Dairy Queen...
and have an ice cream with CHOCOLATE!
He was sooo happy & we were sooo proud!
Sunday afternoon my wonderful old friend Joe was in town & stopped by to see us. He hadn't met Kasen yet, so it was already a special trip. (Kasen had SOOOO much fun playing with Uncle Joe.)
It became an even more special trip when Joe said he had a gift for me. He ran to the car then came back & told me to close my eyes & stick out my hand. When I opened my eyes I was holding a picture of his baby! ♥ Mommy (Andrea) is shocked about it all, but happy. She'll be a wonderful mommy when little Jo or Joe Jr meets her in March. (Names are a joke... maybe. *sigh* lol)

1 comment:

Marci said...

What a big boy...yay for going on the potty!!! Such cute pics...I love his smile. And I can't believe he climbed up that rock climbing thing!