Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Graham is TWO MONTHS!

Oh, how time flies so quickly by!  Graham is now 2 months/9 weeks old!  He is SUCH a sleeper (so unlike Kasen!).  He still sleeps most of the day/night.  He only sleeps in 2-3 hour spurts all day/night, except *usually* one 3-4 hour nap after lunch.  I do wish I could get a good 5-6 hour stretch at night, but we're managing just fine.  Some nights he gets 1 or 2 3 hour stretches in his crib (about 3 feet from our bed), but most nights he's still in our bed, where he has an all night buffet at his grasp.  ;)  
After *much* debate, I went ahead & followed the "normal" schedule of vaccines & he got 3 shots + an oral vaccine (or 2 oral vaccines?  I forget already!) on Tuesday.  He didn't cry too much, but he has been even more sleepy & needy ever since.  He's had a very slight fever too, but he's a trooper.
Graham is now 10#s & 22.5", that's about the 25th percentile for length & the 10th for weight, so he falls a bit lower on the growth charts than Kasen did, if I recall correctly.  He's totally healthy for him though!  He does have an allergy thing going on, but it doesn't seem to bother him much, thank goodness!  
He can hold his head up for a fair amount of time now & loves to smile, giggle, & coo.  He's getting better about being put down, on his own, for short spurts (whew! ;)).  When he's just starting to drift off to sleep, he immediately wakes up if he hears Luke's voice!  I'm not sure what it is about his voice, but it never fails to wake him.  He likes music & lights & LOVES ceiling fans.

Kasen also had a check up - his FIVE YEAR check up (still can't believe that one!).  He is completely healthy too!  Funny enough, I missed his height & weight (and the nurse didn't write his down anywhere for me), but I heard his % - he's in the 97the percentile for height & I think it was the 75th for weight.  He's a tall, skinny boy (like daddy).

Here's a few pics from last week:
This one cracks me up - check out those eyebrows!
No matter how the day is going, this face will make you smile too!
On his 2 month "birthday":
While out on our daily walks, Kasen has been collecting parts for a robot he's gonna build.  (Old screws, bolts, weed eater line...  whatever he can find.  The kiddo also seems to always find money somehow.)  He finally got to spend some time with Luke in the garage this weekend, so he worked hard building the robot...  or something like that.
Yeah, he just wore his pajamas all day.  That's the best kind of weekend, isn't it?
Oh, Graham is also really into blowing bubbles.  Like this:
He sits in his BebePod for just a little while at a time.  It won't be long before he has enough neck/head control to really enjoy it!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Such a cutie pie...you make adorable boys!! So, what's his allergy??