Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kasen Starts Bridge School!

Since Kasen isn't quite ready for kindergarten, we found an awesome school for him instead.  It's a "bridge" school, where all the kids in his class are kindergarten age, but also not quite ready for it.  He was VERY apprehensive about it - new school, new teacher, new friends, new rules...  but after the first day he decided that he LOVES it.  His teacher is super sweet & so much more involved in class than his previous teachers have been, which I think will be great for him.
He & I went to meet the teacher last week, and it took him a few minutes to warm up, but then he jumped right in & started being his usual silly self.

Checking out the letter blocks:
 Loving the play kitchen:
 Last weekend we tried to make sure he had lots of fun to fill the days, so he'd keep his mind off of his nervousness.  We even checked out a new park, where Kasen insisted on squeezing into the baby swing.  ...then he couldn't get out.  ha!
 Monday came quickly, and we were off to his first day!!
 He got a new backpack for the occasion, which he LOVES.

He's doing great at school.  His teacher has commented on how smart he is (but we already know that, right?), and how entertaining he is.  She told me she started a memory book for me of all the things he says during the day.  How awesome is that?  He's making friends & loving the social aspect of school.  I'm very happy about that, he was pretty sick of Graham & I.

Now, just because:
 He is SUCH a great big brother!  He has to hug, kiss, & "newt" Graham before & after school every day.  Even I don;t get all that!

It's been a long time since we built a fort, so we went all out.  I'm not the most creative fort builder, but Kasen found all kinds of secret passages inside, so he was happy.  :)
His sign - "Fort Bad Guys" (good guys weren't allowed). 
Yep, I got in there too. 
 Not sure why I had to be a Power Ranger though...

1 comment:

Marci said...

He is too cute...love that one pose with his backpack. How's school going?