Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Now that the week is half over, let me tell you about last week...
Tuesday Kasen had his 2 year check up. His pedi has moved offices (in Rockwall now, yay!), but the office wasn't ready so we met him at a make-shift office. It was challenging to keep Kasen occupied, but we managed & we got lots of personal attention. He had to get 1 shot, which he didn't even flinch for, then after the appt we had to go to the lab & have his blood drawn. That was a traumatic experience, but, her got CHOCOLATE to make it better. He's 30#s (75th percentile) and about 36" (off the chart). He is healthy & great, we just have a little concern about a somewhat lazy eye. (If you look at pics of his face, you can see that his left eye doesn't follow his right correctly.) The pedi recommended I take him to have it checked out to be safe.
Here he is entertaining himself with his cars & the exam table.

Thursday we met some friends at a cool park. I thought Kasen would want to play in the water at the splash pad, but he's really not that into water these days. He IS into climbing though. He did great climbing this structure. Such a big boy!
Saturday was Trey's 2nd birthday party. Yo Gabba Gabba themed, of course. I forgot my camera, but I wanted to get a few shots, thank goodness for camera phones!
The 3 *2 year olds* eating cake.

The calm before the sugar storm... ;)
Kasen pushing Luke around.
We attempted to get a pic of all 3 boys. I'm not sure any of us were very successful, but we did try!
Silly faces in the shower.
Sunday mommy was SICK. I told Kasen I didn't feel well & asked him what would make me feel better. First he said "a bandaid!", then said "um, no, medicine". Such a smartie especially since ((knock on wood)) he's never really sick, so there's not much medicine taking going on around here.
Anyway, I told him we didn't have any, & asked what else would make me feel better. He got excited & said he knew. Then he ran to his room & brought me his little towel, his favorite blankie, and a book to read me. ♥ ♥ He sat on the couch & read for about 30 seconds & left me alone in my misery. My phone was with me to capture the moment.
Later, Luke & I were sitting on the couch & Kasen was playing. He ran over to his toy sorter & by the faces, we knew what he was doing. The conversation went like this:
Me - "Kasen, what are you doing...?"
Kasen - "I'm busy right now." (Seriously, he said that to me!)
Me - "Kasen, are you going poo poo? Do you want to go to the potty?"
Kasen - "No, I'm busy right now mommy."
a minute later
Me - "Kasen, what are you doing?"
Kasen - "I'm busy going poop mommy."
I LOVE him. He's so entertaining!
Later in the day, daddy cut his hair. *tear* It was kinda out of control, but I wouldn't mind seeing it a little longer. It's just SO beautiful. -It will grow back though, and he didn't cut it as short as last time. Just a "trim" as daddy called it.
Kasen helped daddy vacuum up the hair when they were done.
Now you're caught up. This weekend we have another birthday party, and I'm sure we'll find something else fun to do on Sunday.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Wow, were you a nervous wreck when he was climbing on that thing? What a big boy! I love the shower pic. And how stinkin' sweet is he reading a book to you??? Awww...

Liza said...

So cute Loved your Conversation dialogue :)