I pull up to the house, open the garage (we're really not the front door kind of family), and just as I'm half way through the garage my mom opens the door and says "I'm so glad you're here!!". Well, okay. ?????
So, I walk in & pick up Kasen & she says:
"I'm not suppose to tell you or Shannon, but your dad has had a wreck. He flipped my car. Again."
((Side note, some of you wouldn't be aware, but my dad flipped my mom's van last January. By the grace of God they both walked away with only scratches. Well, okay they didn't walk away from the wreck, but they walked away from the hospital. It was one of those moments that you just know God was watching over them. We were just getting used to the idea of Shannon having cancer, I was newly pregnant, and Luke's grandparents had both just been through big medical ordeals. I couldn't have handled any more! Anyway, the guy in first car on the scene was an off-duty EMS worker, so he knew exactly what to do. Luke & I weren't far away, as we were meeting them for dinner. I drove faster than I've ever driven & ended up following the 2nd ambulance to them. The site of the wreck was CRAZY! He had flipped the van (it's up in the air how many times), but somehow it landed right-side-up, ON THE ROAD! There are huge ditches on both sides of this little 2 lane country road, so it was a miracle that they didn't land there. It was also amazing that the right person happened upon them, at the right time. My dad had already called me and then 911 before the guy appeared, if I recall correctly. Anyway, God was with them, everything that could have gone right did. Here's a pic of the van, just to see how amazing it is that they both walked away just fine.))

So, back to yesterday... My mom was worried about the dog - she was at the groomer's & had to be picked up in like an hour, but my dad had wrecked somewhere between Palestine & Corsicana, so he was being transported to the hospital in Corsicana. Luke couldn't leave work, Shannon had just gotten to work, and Carolyn Jane didn't get off work for another hour. So I ran next door (thank God for the amazing neighbor my parents have!) and asked Troy if he'd go get Chloe. Of course he didn't hesitate because he's a great man! Next I got Kasen & my mom in the car and headed to Corsicana. On the way Larry Thomas (cousin/insurance agent) found a rental car in Corsicana. So, mom & I finally made it there & found the Enterprise & after waiting for the employee to get there, finally got the car & headed to the hospital. Where we waited about an hourish for them to get dad back to the ER room from xray. He finally made it, and he looked a lot more banged up than he did the last time he did this.
He said he just ran off the road and hit a soft shoulder & couldn't regain control of the car. Next thing he knew he was hanging upside down & the car was making a strange noise so he rolled out of there as quick as he could. God was with him, yet again, and the first person on the scene was a railroad worker with emergency training. He told my dad he was sure he was gonna have to use that training to get him out, then he saw my dad rolling out of the car. The next person on the scene was another railroad worker who also had emergency training, then the next person was a nurse. What are the chance... Unless God is watching over you? :)
The EMS workers thought his leg was broken, but it wasn't! His CAT scan came out fine too, so he did get to go home last night. He has a bad scratch on the top of his head, it was the first thing I noticed because his hair was red from the blood. His leg looks NASTY. I took a pic to show Luke, but I'm totally not posting it. It was bad enough that I really couldn't look at it, I think I can handle more than a lot of people. I haven't talked to him yet today, but I'm sure he is very sore. Maybe he'll get some pics of the Pacifica 'cause I'm quite anxious to see how bad it looks this time. And, now my mom is on the hunt for another new car. Poor lady!
I'm gonna add some good news to end on... I AM *FINALLY* WEARING MY OLD JEANS! YEAH! I guess the old 9 months on, 9 months off thing is true. sigh
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad your dad is OK, relatively speaking, and you're right, God is watching over him. {{{HUGS}}} to you and your family, and prayers for your dad's speedy recovery.
Wow! What miracle. *Hugs*
Congratulations on getting into your old jeans! YAY!
Oh Helen. I'm sorry!! I hope that your dad is doing okay today. That is very scary. I will definitely say a prayer for him.
Post a Comment